Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Why I Now Believe In Revision

In the past, I hated revising stories.  I considered it tedious, boring, and an impediment to moving on to better works of fiction.  However, after seeing my novel become absolutely amazing, I have drastically changed my opinion.  Revising is like taking your body to the gym.  At first, you'll be constantly sore and always exhausted, but over time, your muscles will grow, your waistline will shrink, and you'll have more energy and confidence.  That is exactly what is happening to "Black Swan Origins: Nineveh" right now.  I have never been so proud of a work of fiction.  While I will definitely value the guidance of an experienced editor, I know that when I submit it for publishing, it will be my best work thus far. 

No comments:

Post a Comment