Saturday, June 23, 2012

Keeping Both Feet On The Ground

Like many authors, I sometimes daydream about the day when my book will become a movie.  Nothing would make me happier than to see my characters and world on the big screen.  However, I also know that doing this excessively is detrimental.  It wastes valuable time that needs to be spent on completing the novel in the first place.  Not to mention that whether or not it becomes as big as "Lord Of The Rings", "Harry Potter", "Twilight" or "The Hunger Games" is largely out of my hands.  All I can control is how well I write the story.  Obviously, I will promote the heck out of it when I am finished.  That being said, the key thing is to finish it in the first place.  In other words, less dreaming, more writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment