Saturday, May 12, 2012

Coming Down The Home Stretch of Draft Five!

Today I went to the library and made significant progress on "Black Swan Origins: Nineveh."  I only have about 15 pages left.  The story is beginning to write itself and and it's getting much easier to spot what to keep, what to edit, and what to revise. 

During January, I did a short story blitz in which I wrote 30 tales covering the backstory of the novel.  Although Maxine Njalsdottir took over a disproportionate amount of them, I learned a lot about other key characters who have an interest in Cassandra's well-being, as well as those who want her dead.  It also exposed one flaw: Lambert Grettirsson needs a stronger role in the book.  I'm not going to give away any spoilers, but let's just say that Max did not tell Sandra the whole story about her encounters with her older brother in "Daughter of the Seven Seas."

I should be finished with draft 5 tomorrow.  After that, I will slash a couple of scenes before sending it out to some friends and family to read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment