Sunday, April 28, 2013

Burgers & Suds: Our New UFC Hangout

I used to watch UFC events at Duffy's or Applebee's.  It worked out because I'd get a decent meal at a decent price, and, on top of that, would get to see a PPV for free.  However, Steve told us during training a few weeks back about a place called Burgers & Suds in Fort Lauderdale.  He said it was going to be completely dedicated to UFC and that the food was amazing.  So everyone from Team Elite went there to watch UFC 159, where the lamb burger changed EVERYTHING!

Sheep are going to be an endangered species soon, because that burger was phenomenal.  It was so fresh that Mary probably just noticed that her little lamb was missing.  That, along with the strawberry basil lemonade, would have made me a regular.  However, the staff and owner were also very friendly and gave us great service.  They basically let us take over their outdoor area and even allowed us to put up our Elite Krav Maga Academy banner.  I honestly felt more like I was at a barbecue at a friend's house than at a restaurant.  Only, none of my friends are creative enough to make lamb burgers.  Also, the raspberry smoothie I had was a real fruit smoothie.  I wasn't bouncing off the walls from a concoction that was half-refined sugar.  So if you love UFC and great food, this is the place for you.  My friends and I will definitely be there every UFC event, keeping the sheep population under control. 

No comments:

Post a Comment