Monday, August 5, 2013

UFC 163: The One That Got Away

I am seriously disappointed that I missed this PPV.  Nonetheless, I know a lot of people who are in debt because they confuse wants with needs.  I want to see every UFC PPV that will ever come out.  However, I won't die if I miss one now and then.  That being said, I will make it a point to miss as few as possible. 

At any rate, let's see if I correctly predicted the winners of each fight. 

Lineker vs. Maria:  Lineker defeated Maria via KO.

My prediction: Wrong

Leites vs. Watson:  Leites won via unanimous decision.

My prediction: Wrong

Ferreira vs. Santos: Ferreira won via submission.

My prediction: Wrong

Machida vs. Davis:  Davis won by unanimous decision.  However, from what I've seen online, the majority of people believe that Machida got screwed by the judges, so I'll have to watch the fight myself before I make up my opinion.

My prediction: Wrong.  For simplicity's sake, whatever the judges decide is final.  That being said, I will speak up if I feel that they made a mistake. 

Aldo vs. The Korean Zombie: Aldo wins via TKO.

My prediction: Right

1 out of 5?  Yikes.  Good thing that I didn't gamble last night.  At any rate, I will take steps to ensure that I don't miss the rematch between Benson Henderson and Anthony Pettis at UFC 164.

Here's a link to the play-by-play at SportsIllustrated.cnn.com:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mma/news/20130803/ufc-163-live-blog-jose-aldo-korean-zombie-chan-sung-jung/

No comments:

Post a Comment