Friday, January 18, 2013

Becoming A Veghead, More Progress On "A Valiant Effort"

I have lost eight and a half pounds on my new diet.  Basically, I decided to become a vegetarian for the first month of the New Year.  This is because I normally eat lots of beef and noticed that I was starting to feel sluggish and lazy.  Now that I am a vegetarian, I have more energy and feel much better.  I won't stay one forever, but I am definitely going to cut back on my meat intake.  I'll primarily stick to chicken and fish, saving red meat for when I go out to see UFC events.  At any rate, vegetables and fruit will remain a larger part of my diet.

I've reached the part where my Kosraean host family starts punishing me for joining the Baptist church.  To this day, it's the most ridiculous thing that has ever happened to me.  I'll save the details for the book.  Suffice it to say that some people don't grow up; they simply grow older.  One of my friends, Victor, once told me that the difference between fiction and real life is that fiction has to make sense.  My life during Peace Corps is proof of that.  I can't wait to share my story with others, in the hope that they will see how Jesus can save you from the most outrageous situations.    

No comments:

Post a Comment