Saturday, September 22, 2012

My UFC 152 Predictions

Tonight is going to be freaking awesome.  This is going to be quick, because Jon "Chicken Bones" Jones is a huge draw and I want to arrive in time to get a good seat.  So without further ado, here are my predictions:

Swanson vs. Oliviera: My hunch tells me that Swanson will win by knockout in the second round.

Hamill vs. Hollett: At last, I get to see "The Hammer" in action (his "win" over Jones excluded-what a joke!).  Granted, "The Hulk" looks intimidating, but I see Hamill taking this by decision.

Bisping vs. Stann: I like Brian Stann.  I really do.  However, Bisping is in a whole other league with his striking.  With Chael Sonnen in the light heavyweight division now, "The Count" is easily the top contender in the middleweight division.  Stann will hang in there as long as he can, but I see Bisping knocking him out in the third round.

Benavidez vs. Johnson: This should have been the main event, since it's for the FIRST EVER flyweight champion in the UFC.  Nonetheless, Benavidez and Johnson are probably still going to put on the fight of the night.  I will be rooting for "Mighty Mouse", but I have the feeling that Benavidez is going to win by split decision.

Belfort vs. Jones: David vs. Goliath!  I will be behind Belfort the whole way!  That being said, history suggests that Jones is going to win.  Nonetheless, I am seriously hoping that Belfort will pull the upset and beat Jones by submission!

No comments:

Post a Comment