Thursday, September 13, 2012

All In Favor Of Watching A One-Sided Mauling, Say "Ay"!

I found out earlier today that Anderson Silva and Stephan Bonnar will be headlining UFC 153 now.  I applaud both fighters for stepping up.  At the same time, sending Bonnar to fight Silva is like sending a golden retriever to fight a lion.  You have a guy whose greatest claim to fame is losing to Forest Griffin in "The Ultimate Fighter" Season 1 Finale against the most dominant fighter in UFC history.  Am I still going to watch it?  Yeah, and I'm going to enjoy all thirty seconds of it! 

Texiera vs. Maldonado, on the other hand, is tougher for me to gauge, because I have never seen Maldonado fight.  However, I suspect that "the Baker" will make short work of his new opponent if he continues to live up to all of the hype. 

As far as Noguiera vs. Herman goes, I hate to doubt the resiliency of the legendary Minotauro.  Nonetheless, that was a serious injury that he suffered at the hands of Frank Mir.  At Minotauro's age, it's doubtful that he will be able to rebound from that to take a win against the much younger Herman.  For that reason, I think Minotauro will get mauled in this fight as well.

For more information on these matches, click on the link below:

http://www.mmaweekly.com/ufc-153-shell-shocked-anderson-silva-and-stephan-bonnar-step-into-new-main-event


No comments:

Post a Comment