Wednesday, July 25, 2012

My UFC On Fox Predictions

UFC on Fox looks more stacked than UFC 149.  It has Shogun, Machida, and Bader all fighting on the same night.  The UFC matchmakers would have probably been better off putting those matches on the PPV card and the UFC 149 matches on Fox.  However, they did what they did and that's that.  So hear are my predictions:

Rua vs. Vera: While I have lost some respect for Shogun after he ducked Glover Texiera, he is still one of my favorite fighters and among the best strikers in the light heavyweight division.  I see him winning this by KO late in the second round.

Machida vs. Bader: After losing to Jon Jones and Tito Ortiz, Bader seems to have lost a lot of momentum.  He is coming off a win, but that victory was over an overweight, out-of-shape, and injured Rampage who really seems to have lost his passion for fighting completely.  Machida, on the other hand, managed to win a round against Jon Jones in his last fight.  Although Machida got caught later on and choked out by Jones, Bader doesn't have the champ's reach or speed.  It is highly doubtful that he will be able to catch the Dragon, so I see Machida winning by KO early in the second round.

Browne vs. Rothwell: I saw "Big Ben" Rothwell smash Brendan Schaub after he was being pummeled against the cage in the last bout he fought and I see him doing something similar this time in the first round.

Lauzon vs. Varner: I haven't seen either of these men fight, so I'm just going to shoot from the hip and pick Lauzon to win by decision.

Be sure to tune in to see if I was right.

No comments:

Post a Comment