Sunday, July 8, 2012

Tito Got Robbed!

I saw UFC 148 and as it turns out, I was right about the winners of the final four matches.  While they didn't play out as I expected, I am very happy about my prediction skills.  Not to mention that I am ecstatic that Chael Sonnen had to eat a whole humble pie at once.  His loss was due more to his own clumsiness than Anderson's skill.  Slipping and falling after that spinning backfist sealed his fate and I laughed my butt off when Anderson threw Sonnen's trash talk back about Brazilians having no manners in his face by facetiously saying that Sonnen could come to barbecues at his house whenever he wanted.

That being said, this card reinforced my dislike for bad decisions.  Tito clearly dominated his match with Griffin.  The emotional fit that Griffin threw afterwards by storming out of the ring shows that Griffin knew he lost, too.  Dana had to chase after him and Griffin had to be coaxed back into the ring.  So I was shocked that the judges felt differently.  Sure, Griffin landed more strikes, but Tito shrugged them off like they were bee stings.  However, Tito's blows and takedowns totally rocked Griffin.  It was an even worse decision than Machida vs. Shogun I.  I still don't believe it.  Oh well, this just goes to show that if you ever choose to become a professional fighter, finish your opponent at all costs.  Otherwise, the subjective opinions of those who really don't know what they are doing will lead to you GETTING ROBBED!   

No comments:

Post a Comment