Saturday, July 21, 2012

Can Urijah Break The Faber Curse?

I am totally stoked for UFC 149.  Although I am disappointed that Michael Bisping and Minotauro Noguiera are injured and can't fight, I am glad that I will still get to see Tim Boetsch and Cheick Kongo in action.  However, the Faber vs. Barao fight is what I am really looking forward to.  I am rooting for Faber, but when it comes to title fights, he just can't seem to get over the hump and take the gold.  Although he was WEC champion, he has lost his past four title fights against Mike Brown (twice), Jose Aldo, and his nemesis, Dominick Cruz.  For that reason, I think Faber is the underdog in this fight and has to overcome the curse he seems to be under.  It is doubtful that he will get another title shot anytime soon if he doesn't win this time.  I think that "The California Kid" has what it takes to get a UFC title.  Tonight, we will see if he succeeds.     

No comments:

Post a Comment