Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Taking The High Ground In "A Valiant Effort"!

Merry Christmas, everyone!

I typed up seven pages of "A Valiant Effort."  At first, I was really bummed about not being able to continue "Black Swan Origins: Nineveh."  However, after the first page, I got very excited.  After all, my Peace Corps experience was truly unique.  How many people had to get evacuated out of not one, but two different countries?  How many people in Peace Corps managed to survive religious persecution and do the right thing, even when it put their job on the line?  How many people had allies jump out of the woodwork to help them when they needed it the most?  As far as I know, I am the only one.  People will get a lot out of this story, including the key message: no matter how bad your situation is, Jesus can always save you.

Speaking of which, I decided that there was one thing that I was not going to do in my memoir: use it as a means to bash all the people who screwed me over.  Ultimately, doing that would be pointless because:

1) They're not going to read it.
2) Most of the people who do read it won't have any idea who they are.

Not to mention that it will give them attention that they really don't deserve.  Why should I let them take away any more of my life than they already have?  I'm not even going to dignify those people by using their real names.  I will mention what they did, but their actions condemn them more than any insult that I could come up with ever would.  Instead, I'll keep my focus on how Jesus protected me from them and healed me from the hurt that they caused.  After all, ultimately, He is the one Who deserves the glory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment