Monday, October 1, 2012

Discovered Cassandra's Fighting Moniker!

While going through my manuscript to get more details about the setting, I got a brilliant idea for Cassandra's fighting moniker.  I had a couple of ideas before, such as "Swan Dagger" and "Aino", but none of them really fit.  The one I gave her actually used to belong to her cousin, but I figured out that it would be a much better fit for Cassandra.  Even though Cassandra is normally very tender-hearted, inside the ring, she is a freaking monster.  The other girls of her class are terrified of fighting her.  The moniker I gave her instantly evokes fear and terror.  I can't wait for my book to be finished and published so that you all can find out what it is. 

That being said, while I did take a break to write that idea down, I realized that it was just distracting me from my goal to get the setting complete.  So as soon as I was done, I went back to the task at hand.  I actually considered hiring an architect to design the school, but I decided that that would be overkill and way too expensive.  I'll just do it on my own and show it to my beta readers to get feedback. 

No comments:

Post a Comment