Saturday, June 15, 2013

My UFC 161 Predictions

I wasn't too excited about this card after Barao vs. Wineland and Shogun vs. Little Nog were killed by the injury bug.  However, after seeing that Alexis Davis will be fighting on the main card, I decided to give it a chance.  Here are my predictions for tonight's PPV:

Barry vs. Jordan:  Even though neither one of these guys is championship material, this should still be an interesting brawl.  I see "The Savage" winning via a KO in Round 3.

Winner: Jordan via KO.

Davis vs. Sexton:  Finally, another women's fight on the main card!  I really look forward to seeing Alexis Davis in action at last, especially after reading that she gave Sarah Kaufman a run for her money.  Since Davis has overcome stiffer competition than Sexton, I see Davis smashing "The Surgeon" in Round 1.

Winner: Davis via KO.

Jimmo vs. Pokrajac:  I'm not familiar with either fighter, so I'm going with my gut on this one.  Even though Pokrajac has more experience in the UFC, I believe that "Big Deal" will upset "The Duke" via decision.

Winner: Jimmo via decision.

Nelson vs. Miocic:  Miocic is a decent, hardworking fighter.  Unfortunately, that does not cut it against a guy like "Big Country."  I see Nelson flattening Miocic by Round 2 at the latest.

Winner: Nelson via KO.

Evans vs. Henderson:  Normally, I would pick "Suga" without hesitation.  However, his last match against Little Nog was a disaster.  At this level, all of the skill and athleticism in the world won't help you if your heart isn't in it anymore and I truly believe that Evans has lost his hunger.  Hendo, on the other hand, is desperate to regain his title shot against Jones, so I believe that he will end this quickly with an H-bomb.

Winner: Henderson via KO. 

No comments:

Post a Comment