Saturday, March 16, 2013

My UFC 158 Predictions

Before we get to my predictions, let's confirm what everybody already knows:

1) Diaz did not earn this title shot.
2) Hendricks got shafted.

Now that that's out of the way, let's discuss the PPV that is headlined by the ultimate "Hero vs. Villain" matchup. 

Ricci vs. Fletcher: My gut tells me that Ricci is going to win this one, but they are both pretty even.

Winner: Ricci by decision. 

Ring vs. Camozzi:  Camozzi's experience will earn him the victory in this bout.

Winner: Camozzi by submission in Round 2.

Ellenberger vs. Marquardt:  After looking at who they've faced in the past, I would have to give a slight edge to "The Juggernaut." 

Winner: Ellenberger by decision.

Condit vs. Hendricks:  I am a huge "Bigg Rigg" fan and really want to see Hendricks get another first-round KO.  At the same time, "The Natural Born Killer" is a bad style matchup for him.  The former interim welterweight champion is too swift and crafty to allow himself to be caught by Hendricks' cinder block fist and will use strategy to outpoint him for the decision.

Winner: Condit by decision. 

GSP vs. Diaz:  I've never seen GSP this furious with an opponent.  Will he win?  Absolutely.  However, I don't see this going to a decision.  GSP is out for blood, and is going to beat some respect into Diaz by doing the impossible: knocking him out.

Winner: GSP by KO in Round 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment